Thursday 2 May 2013

Road to Recovery

Another month zooms by and I enter May in higher spirits than last month. The simple fact that I can now walk has really boosted my spirits. It's not all plain sailing but way better than before.

I have started Korean physiotherapy....not to be confused with psychotherapy, which one of my friends though I was going through, and explained why she all of a sudden was treading on eggshells around me. Oh Korea. My doctors and nurses at the little physio place are really nice and try really hard to make me feel comfortbale. I can hear them practising their English before they come and do some procedures on me. To their delight I always try out some Korean on them. 
Koren treatment includes shoving needles in me and hooking me up to electricity. Then some pulling and pushing. Followed by more electrodes and then a quick bash of laser treatment. Seems to be working because my knee has been getting a lot better. 

























In other news I have been to my first baseball game in Daejeon. Home to the Hanwa Eagles. Literally the laughing stock if the Korean Baseball League after losing 13 games in a row. Oh Dear!! Not like my US experience of nearly getting arrested and paying for overpriced beer, the Eagles allow you to buy food and beer outside and bring it into the ground. Along with an MC boosting everyone and some agile cheerleaders rousing the crowd it's really worth the W10000 (6 quid) we paid to get our tickets. 
I must have been their lucky charm because they dismantled Busan Giants in an excellent display. 
There's way more theatre to it than any other sporting event I've been to. Definitely a must to anyone coming to Korea and it's baseball season. I'll be going again for sure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment