Monday 14 January 2013

My Korean Little Holiday.

Had last week off work so rather than making the sensible choice like everyone else and fly off to some warm country I decided to stay in Korea. On the agenda was to hit up a new snowboarding spot....Yong Pyong. Home to the 2018 Winter Olympics.

Unfortunately, I couldn't find a companion for my little winter Wonderland, but this didn't stop me from having an excellent time. Seeing as it was midweek there were no lines, no waiting of any kind and probably snowboarded more in these two days than the last few weeks at Muju.

This was also my first night ski opportunity... The added danger of darkness to flying down the slopes with reckless abandonment. Brilliant.

It's also home to a 5.6km run that needed a gondola to reach the top....it was worth it just from the views at the top...but the run down had me chuckling to myself all the way down. Just loads of fun.

I think the bath at the end of the night was the best thing that has ever happened to me.....I had a great two days and will definitely be heading back at some point.





























































Next stop was a little Seoul break...nice to get away from Daejeon from a little bit and it was about time to upgrade my wardrobe. Seeing as I'm a little large in Korea, Seoul is really the best place to buy some new clobber. Pushing the boat out for a fancy hotel in Myeong dong, the shopping area of Seoul, I'm best prepared to attack Sales, shops and the general hub ub of shopping.

Didn't take long to remember I hate shopping....but had a great time wandering around Seoul and people watching and drinking coffee and happy to just not be at work.

Next week however......English Camp! 

No comments:

Post a Comment